Come Join Our Team!
Marine Bank is helping grow the communities we serve. If you are interested in actively supporting local business growth, we have an exciting opportunity.
Position Description and Performance Requirements:
Effective Leadership: Ability to establish, convey and achieve Bank & Branch goals through effective leadership and motivation of the Team.
Relationship Management – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Coaching others – Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately and reach productive decisions.
Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or other training or certification in the area of finance and/or banking preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations, employee development, and public relations required.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience required.
- Good interpersonal communication, organization, and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Meet with customers and prospects to determine business needs and recommend products and services.
- Coach branch staff to interact in accordance with the seven-step process. Guide staff to have effective conversations that result in business for the bank and its partners.
- Actively make referrals to other lines of business such as mortgage, commercial, and consumer lending. Refer clients to wealth management and merchant services. Coach staff to do the same to meet branch objectives.
- Participate in weekly meetings and daily huddles to assist in the coordination of sales.
- Greet Bank customers in person and by phone, professionally and pleasantly with a smile.
- Provide customer information in person, by phone, and email/fax.
- Serve clients by opening new accounts, performing maintenance, teller transactions, and guiding customers to lending and other business partners.
- Lead by example in interactions with both external and internal partners.
- Work with branch staff to coordinate sales efforts, and coach customer interactions.
- Coordinate branch personnel to provide optimal customer service, including the Saturday staff schedule for the branch.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide sound resolutions while following the chain of command.
- Provide leadership example and direction in matter of compliance.
- Contribute to branch staff performance evaluations with input on sales, service and compliance.
- Track and input incentive data for monthly summary spreadsheet.
- Monitor and guide record retention and destruction of documents relating to branch operations.