Establishes, coordinates and maintains an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the financial institution.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of the Accounting Department, ensuring the transactions are recorded properly and in a timely manner.
- Manage the preparation and analysis of internal and external financial reporting, insuring the integrity of this information.
- Manage the annual budgeting process including periodic analysis of budget variances.
- Manage accounting activities, including accounts payable and receivable operations. Reconciles revenue reports, variances, special projects, payroll and timesheet reports
- Responsible for regulatory and financial reporting, financial analyses, cash management and forecasting reports
- Manage the Interest Rate Risk and liquidity model preparation and reporting.
- Reconcile general ledger, analyzes financial accounts and prepares journal entries.
- Close and produce monthly corporate financial statements.
- Assist CFO in managing stockholder reporting and strategic planning.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to streamline accounting process
- Manage fixed-assets
- Develop and produce financial data and reports to assist Bank management in development and implementation of various strategies
- Comply with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CI
- Participate in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Related financial institution experience is preferred.
- Advance knowledge of accounting principles, as well as excellent analytical, verbal, mathematical and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Jack Henry software with Cognos experience is preferred.
- Run daily reports
- Prepare journal entries
- Facilitate and enforce the Accounts Payable policy and procedures.
- Assist with investment portfolio, including new purchases, interest accruals, interest payments, withdrawals
- Monitor and manage Bank’s cash position
- Supervise and manage the payroll and staff accountant employees.
- Review payroll entries and accruals
- Monitor and manage Bank’s wholesale funding sources
- Ensure timely preparation of ALCO materials and meeting minutes
- Review FHLB, FRB and OFR pledge reports
- Review and assist with EOM closing entries including Accruals, Prepaids, Fixed Assets, Bond Accounting, Investment CD, Payroll Accrual, ALLL, OREO
- Review and manage payment, receipt collection and entries for bank owned credit cards
- Prepare and/or review earning credit calculations
- Prepare and/or review or assist with all Bank reconcilements
- Prepare and/or review Board report financials
- Prepare and/or review Holding Company financials and reconcilements
- Prepare/review IRR data, prepare all assumption documents, backtesting and reconcilements
- Prepare/review SBA/USDA Services Right Amortization entries
- Review Call Report and Call Report workpapers
- Prepare/review required SEC or OTC filings.
- Prepare FR2900
- Prepare and review all FR-Y reporting
- Prepare OFR Semi-Annual Assessment
- Calculate and prepare FDIC Insurance Payment and proper accrual
- Prepare/Review Annual Budget and assist with strategic plan
- Prepare and/or assist with annual shareholder meeting proxy materials
- Prepare items for various audits including Accounting, IRR Audit, IRR Validation
- Prepare items for FDIC/OFR examination
- Prepare items for issuance of Audited Financial Statements
- Prepare insurance applications
- Update annual statements with State of Florida including SunBiz and State of Florida CFO (Trust Powers)
- Prepare annual Holding Company regulatory filings
- Prepare annual QPD filings and trust powers filings
- Test Secondary Funding Sources
- Assist with capital raises, including projections, calculations, presentations
- Prepare various management presentations including Budget, Basel III, Capital Raise Efforts, M&A
- Prepare communication with various regulatory authorities
- Assist with streamlining reporting company wide
- Prepare ad hoc reports for management or the Board
- Coordinate information request with various auditors
- Assist CFO in preparation of Capital and strategic plans.
- Other projects as assigned.
We invite you to review our employee benefits flyer (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window).