You may qualify for down payment and closing cost assistance!
Marine Bank has partnered with the Florida Hometown Heroes Housing Program in order to make homeownership affordable for eligible homebuyers.
- Eligible full-time employees at Florida-based employers can receive:
- Lower-than-market interest rates on an FHA, VA, RD, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac first mortgage
- Reduced upfront fees
- No origination points or discount points
- Down payment and closing cost assistance.
- Borrowers can receive up to 5% of the first mortgage loan amount (maximum of $35,000) in down payment and closing cost assistance.
- Down payment and closing cost assistance is available in the form of a 0%, non-amortizing, 30-year deferred second mortgage. This second mortgage becomes due and payable, in full, upon sale of the property, refinancing of the first mortgage, transfer of deed or if the homeowner no longer occupies the property as his/her primary residence. The Florida Hometown Heroes loan is not forgivable.
To see if you qualify for downpayment and closing cost assistance, please contact one of our residential lending professionals today.
BE AWARE: There is no cost to apply for Hometown Heroes Down Payment Assistance. Scammers often target homebuyers who are in need of assistance or trying to purchase a home. A common tactic scammers use is requiring you to pay an upfront fee before providing any services. They may also try to charge you to apply for the program. Avoid any company or individual that does this and report them to the Inspector General’s Office at the Florida Housing Finance Corporation 850-488-4197.