Greets all customers with a smile. Provides exceptional customer service and detailed information. Performs customer services, such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and assisting customers with queries concerning financial institution services. Responsible for the development of new business relationships and maintaining existing relationships. Answers questions on all services the financial institution provides, and recognizes selling and referral opportunities. Identifies cross-sell opportunities to deepen customer relationship and refers to appropriate team member.
- Ensures Engaging, Reliable, Inviting, Knowledgeable and Admirable customer experiences.
- Identifies customer needs and sells financial products and services to consumer and business customers.
- Serves as inside and outside service/sales consultant for customers, answers customer questions within scope of expertise, or, refers customer to appropriate source. Creates friendly, positive impact on customers and provides effective product and service resolutions to customers.
- Identifies and sells appropriate bank products and services based on customer needs. Accurately and efficiently completes account documentation and obtains proper authorizations. Provides customers with disclosures and product brochures. May prepare consumer loan applications and complete customer data.
- Responds to all telephone inquiries in a prompt, courteous, and timely manner. May quote rates, describe products, provide information regarding matured CDs and assist in solving problems. Ensures that all customer complaints and problems are handled in an efficient and timely manner.
- Adheres to Bank policies and procedures and performs functions in compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial transactions and ability to communicate detailed and complex financial transactions effectively.
- Completes the Bank's annual security, operational and sales training.
- Carries out banking center’s objectives and goals.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Serves as inside and outside service/sales consultant for customers, answers customer questions within scope of
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months experience in the teller function.
- 1-2 years sales experience, particularly in cross-marketing products and services.
- Strong understanding of financial products and services.
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Proactively prospect for new business.
- Generate new banking business by participation in the Bank’s outside sales call program.
- Open and maintain new accounts including consumer, commercial, health savings and retirement accounts.
- Enroll, set-up, and service online banking account access.
- Actively refer loans to appropriate financial institution specialists.
- Meet and exceed sales goals.
- Provide account maintenance including stop payments, name changes, signature card updates, address changes, and account closures.
- Answer customer inquiries including balance information, research requests, and account reconciliation.
- Provide wire transfer services including set-up, in-person and faxed wires.
- Provide notary services.
- Administer safe box rental and access.
- Cover teller line as needed; assist in night depository, ATM balancing and filling, vault runs and proof capture.
- Provide backup support for teller, reception, and other operational positions as needed.
- Open and close office by following established security procedures.
- Review and decision overdrafts.
- Prepare individual sales call and incentive reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.